- Nidec wanted to give MotorBoss an e-catalog site with a complete user interface/usability overhaul through a site redesign with enhanced functionality.
- The primary objective was to create a more intuitive site to make it easier for users to purchase, communicate, and do business with Nidec.
Nidec Motor Corporation
Nidec Motor Corporation (NMC) is a leading manufacturer of commercial, industrial, and appliance motors and controls. The NMC product line features a full line of high efficiency motors, large and small, which serve Industrial, residential and commercial markets in applications ranging from water treatment, mining, power generation, air conditioning condensers, rooftop cooling towers and commercial refrigeration.
Real time inventory, advanced search, and product recommendations led to a 32% increase in online sales
- Nishtech designed and implemented a personalized B2B multi-tenancy e-commerce site using Insite's out-of-the-box functionality for site templates (product catalog, product details, cart, checkout etc.)
- The scope included:
- Responsive design
- Real time prices & inventory
- Product comparison
- Cross-sell/up-sell of related accessories
- Integrated product documentation
- Quick order entry
- Customer dashboard
- Site is personalized for authenticated and non-authenticated users
- Logged in users can search products by attributes such as model#, ERP# and description, and can find products based on either competitor’s model# or OEM or discontinued model number using cross reference search
- Anonymous users can use the e-catalog site to find Nidec products and see the list price
- Total time required to order products is significantly improved via the implementation of Quick Order and Wish List features
- Customers can now see their contract pricing and product availability in real-time to allow for better purchasing decisions
- Products are now searchable in the corporate site as a result of the total integration of the e-catalog